Spring is here and we're loving the fresh combination of lemon and blueberry...especially when we know it's healthy and protein-packed! This recipe uses our Vanilla Sugar Cookie Fit Whip to make a higher-protein, lower-carb variation on pancakes that will definitely not disappoint! Whip up these pancakes for a quick, easy and satisfying breakfast or evening treat!
Fit Whip Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Prep Time = 10 mins
- Cook Time = 5 mins
- Makes 1 serving, or five 3-inch pancakes
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Sugar Cookie Fit Whip (17g)
- 1/8 cup + 1 tsp All Purpose or Oat Flour (20g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 tbsp Liquid Egg Whites (45g or use 1 egg)
- 1/4 cup water or milk of your choice (60g)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Toppings (optional)Fit Whip Icing Topping (as in picture)
- 1/2 scoop (~8g) Vanilla Sugar Cookie Fit Whip
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 packet zero calorie sweetener of you choice
- 1/8 cup blueberries
Mix dry ingredients together (Fit Whip, flour, baking powder, salt).
Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl (egg, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest).
Add wet ingredients into dry and mix until combined. Careful not to overmix.
Heat skillet to medium heat and coat with non-stick spray. When water sizzles on the pan, you’re ready to add your pancake batter.
Add ~1/8 cup of batter to pan for each pancake. Add 4-5 blueberries to each pancake. Cook until pancake is firm enough to flip, ~1.5-2 minutes. Cook on the other side for another ~1.5-2 minutes.
To make topping, mix ingredients together, except blueberries.
Place ~1 Tbsp icing topping between each pancake, then pour the remaining ontop and sprinkle with fresh blueberries. Enjoy!
Nutritional InfoPancakes made with egg whites, unsweetened almond milk and without toppings:
- Calories = 161
- Fat = 1.8g (Saturated Fat = 0g)
- Carbs = 23.1 g (Net Carbs = 18.9g)
- Fiber = 4.2g
- Protein = 13.9g
Pancakes above with Fit Whip Icing Topping:
- Calories = 215
- Fat = 3.4g (Saturated Fat = 0g)
- Carbs = 28.4 g (Net Carbs = 22g)
- Fiber = 6.4g
- Protein = 19.5g